Hefei Marathon was created in 2014 and has grown from strength-to-strength, beginning with 10000+ participants in 2014 to a total of 60,000 participants in 2019 across all 4 categories, participants have included tourists and professional runners from 21 different countries all over the world.
There are about 1820 marathon events each year held in China, which shows its increasing popularity and people’s consciousness and pursuit of a healthy life. According to the “China Marathon Crowd and Consumption Insight Report” released by Nielsen Sports, Chinese runners spent an average of 11,418 yuan in 2019, mainly for running equipment and participating in events. The core runners are averagely 38 years old, males account for 84%, and the remaining 16% are females. The average income is 156,000 yuan, which is undoubtedly a group with high consumption power.
The above data is the important reason why erke partnered with the marathon event. The main participants in the marathon are also the target consumer groups of the brand, with such marketing investment, erke is devoting to upgrade its brand image and attract more running consumers in urban areas.
Mr. Dennis Wu, Chairman of erke group, delivered a speech during the ceremony, recalling the tough but ongoing history of erke brand from beginning of start-up with a small factory and “negative equity” until expanding the brand across countrywide in China and also exploring to different corners in the world.
Mr. Dennis Wu, chairman of erke group, delivered a speech during the ceremony.
In his speech, Mr. Wu shared the group’s new strategy in the coming years in terms of “People, Products and Place”, by motivating the management and staff turning into the roles of business operators, creating more innovative and hi-tech products and building up powerful and comprehensive channel network all over the world. Mr.Wu also encouraged all management and staff of erke to “BOW IN THE GAME”, dare to take the responsibilities, determined to build erke as the leading sports brand globally.
Established in 2000, the 20 years-old brand is in the prime, and developed into one of the leading sports brand in China with over 7000 stores national wide and more than 1000 points of sales overseas, in 2019, the brand value of ERKE exceeded 4.5 billion USD, and it was once again listed as “China’s Top 500 Most Valuable Brand” in 2019.
The company also awarded outstanding employees who have served the group for more than 10 years as well as royal distributors and suppliers who cooperated with erke over the 2 decades.